Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Our Christmas Vacation...so far:o)

The night before we left for our flight to Michigan, Brian and I watched our favorite holiday movie...Christmas vacation...it never fails to give us a few good laughs. But who knew we would get a little taste of the craziness that's in the movie!
Within 10 minutes of getting on our first flight Caitlin had a blow out and got diarrhea all over Brian. She HATES bathrooms and when she saw how tiny and loud the airplane bathroom is she freaked out. She had about 3 more blow outs that flight until we finally landed in Minnesota. We had a very long layover so we went to a restaurant to have dinner and I had a martini that made all of the "mommy, mommy mommy" go in one ear and out the other;o)
As we were waiting for our flight for Michigan the boys were wrestling in the hall, all the while, bumping into people and ramming their cars into them when Brian looked at me and said, Where's our luggage with all the x-mas presents in it?" I said, "I have no idea." After backtracking in our heads we realized we had left it at the gate in DFW. Nice. Brian started making phone calls that didn't get us anywhere and it was time to board. Caitlin had a few more blow outs and cried a good 15 minutes straight until she finally passed out in our arms.
We landed in Michigan and Brian has filed a report to see if we can locate the luggage...we are suppose to get a call and we have not gotten a call...yet. Caitlin has the rotovirus and now Brian has it too...I guess the chances of catching it are pretty high if you walk around all day with poop on your shirt.
Well, my guess is we won't see those presents anytime soon....I'm hoping we can find the bag at somepoint though. But all the more to remind us that Christmas is not about gifts anyway. So I thank God that we arrived safely, have family to celebrate Christmas with, have snow for the boys to play with, children's faces to watch as Christmas nears; and most importantly, a Saviour
that loves me more than I can comprehend.
One last thing....since Brian and I have no gifts to give his parents we are going to snatch things in their house and wrap it up with a piece a paper inside that tells them what they would have gotten if the presents were here:o)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Lisa,

I am SOOOOO sorry that things have taken these crazy turns!! At least the boys are thrilled with the snow and you hav a warm house to hang out in. I hope all else will go well - and like you said - this is a good reminder that it is not about the presents!! Merry Christmas!