Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our first broken window

Well with 3 kids....2 of them being boys....it had to happen sometime right?:o) At least, that's what I keep telling myself to make me feel better:o)

The crazy thing is is that the boys weren't even doing anything. Caleb was standing on the bay window sill and out of nowhere kicked his foot through one of the panes. I was on the phone and when I heard the break I gasped and went over to him and he had a look of fear in his eyes and I have never heard him say over and over again so fast, "I'm sorry mommy, I'm sorry mommy." I just looked at him and said, "It's ok honey, I know it was an accident." And gave him a hug.

I am thankful that God is shaping me into a mommy that honors Him because I tell you there have been plenty of times before that I have not responded well to accidents. There was a quote that I read last year that convicted me to the core and I almost have it memorized.....

"When parents fail to minister grace to their children, to esteem and value them as precious for their own sakes, children absorb the shame of their inadequacies into their deepest image of themselves." Ouch.

Unfortunately, in the moment, I don't always respond the way I should but am thankful that those times are becoming less frequent.

Well, adding another house project to the never ending list!:o)

No comments: