Friday, May 7, 2010

Made my day

Today the kids and I went to eat lunch with Dajia, our mentee, at her school. There is a little boy in her class that is on my heart. Dajia has told me about Jahkeevian who gets picked on a lot and gets in trouble a lot. She said, "He always looks mad." I turned around in the lunchroom today and glanced at him and sure enough he was sitting at the "you've been bad table" with a mad look on his face. It makes me sad to think about what the possible reasons are that he's acting the way he's acting.
So I said to Dajia, "Will you do me a big favor?" She said yes. I said, "When lunch is over will you take this blow pop over to him and tell him it's from your mentor and will you also tell him that I think he's a real special boy?" I thought she might be a little hesitant about it but as I was cleaning up I saw her talking to him and he looked up at me, flashed a big smile and mouthed the words "thank you" twice.
That made my day.
I don't know if there is anyone telling him at home what a special kid he is and how much God loves him but I hope that my small act reminded him of that Truth.

2 comments:

sarahonpurpose said...

Love it, Lisa :)

The B4 said...

i could cry right now. poor little boy. Father, use Lisa's gesture of kindness to draw him to Your lovingkindness. In Jesus Name. amen.

love it, lisa.