Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No WD

After months of conversations, praying and processing God is not leading the path to West Dallas. It's hard even for me to write that because my heart has grown to love West Dallas, especially the kids there. They truly are a special kind.
How do we know? Well, as I have mentioned in a previous post, I am learning what my role is in our marriage while recognizing and respecting Brian's God-given role in our marriage as well. God has given him authority in our home to lead our family and I trust God leading Brian as Brian leads us. And simply said, Brian doesn't feel led to move to WD.
Do I wish he did feel led? Absolutely. I can see a vision of us being in WD and would love to love on those kids. But, over the years, as I have learned to trust in the Lord, I can honestly say I'd take His way over mine any day. I've learned that whatever I make happen won't be a blessing from Him. And believe me I have forced many things to happen over the years and I know there is not much joy and peace in that.
It reminds me of a song by Avalon where she sings,

"I don't want to go somewhere if I know that You're not there,
'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
And I don't want to walk that road,
Be a million miles from home
'Cause my heart needs to be where You are.
So I don't want to go."

I know that how we live is a lot more important than where we live so we will still mentor sweet Trey and Dajia, be a voice for West Dallas and do what we can for that community. Those kids really do need to be loved on and to be guided and I am so thankful for those who do live there and are making a difference on a daily basis.

For Brian and I, what we do know is that God has entrusted to us our precious 3 kids along with Trey and Dajia so we are embracing this..."If you can't make a difference in a 100 lives than make a difference in just one."

2 comments:

The B4 said...

I enjoy your heart. Thanks for sharing your faithfulness.

TL said...

Wow girl. Tough decisions either way. But you're right, you need to respect where God is leading Brian. We're glad to keep you in the neighborhood for now!