Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Annual Halloween Party

Well the kids heads were spinning afterwards they had so much fun! They have been anxiously awaiting for this party...they knew a bounce house, a pinata, a popcorn machine and a sno cone machine were coming:o) (We wouldn't have gotten the last two things but it was the 'Sunday special' so we didn't refuse!) It was a great turnout with neighborhood kids, kids from our church and our favorite nephews and niece:o)
Caitlin was a halloween fairy, Christopher was a storm trooper, Caleb was Darth Vader, I was Princess Leia and Brian was Han Solo......on the back of Brian's vest it said in permanent marker,"Hi I'm Han Solo. I was too cheap to buy a costume so I had Lisa sew me this vest."
Yes I wrote that.:o)

Caleb taking a good whack at the pinata
Christopher and Peter both as a storm trooper


mmm...popcorn

yes, you are adorable Caitlin:o)

Brian and I and the kids had a lot of fun bouncing in this in the dark after all the kids had gone home...a fun family moment:o)
I forgot to take pictures of Brian carving pumpkins with the kids but that is also another one of our favorite traditions. We always carve one with a happy face and the other one a cross where we use it as an anology to explain to the kids about Christ.....how the gunk inside represents our sin, how God cleans us out like we clean out the pumpkin when we trust in Christ and ask for forgiveness....and then we put a candle in there representing that we are to be a light to others.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy halloween!!!!!!!!!

No comments: