Saturday, November 8, 2008

Caleb's Day




This morning Caleb had a yard sale...why would he have a garage sale you ask? Well all year he has been hounding me for him to be able to have a garage sale so he can sell his seashells he found and his artwork. I promised during the summer we would at some point but have been trying to see if he'd forget. He didn't.

He asked me a few weeks back and then when I was in his room I saw all of his seashells and artwork he was saving under his bed for his gargae sale. SO...he had a yard sale this morning. He was so excited preparing for it and he set up his own little booth in our front yard.

He didn't make very much but I suppose it's a good lesson for him to learn that it's hard work making money! We did have a good conversation today about bargaining as he was listening to me bargain with customers...and I told him Grammie is a great bargainer.:o)

After, his yard sale he had his last soccer game of the season...which they lost:o( But they had a fun ceremony at a park where he got a little medal with his name engraved on it and he couldn't stop smiling. Rarely do you get to visibly see his emotion and I could probably count on my hands the times he couldn't stop smiling...and this was one of those times. So sweet.:o)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I wish I could have seen the "little entreprenuer" first hand! That is a great lesson all around! What a great soccer experience too! Way to go Caleb!