Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Priceless Peace

I love this quote by John Ortberg, "What God does in us while we wait, is just as important as what it is we're waiting for." I might even venture to say that it is more important than what it is we're waiting for because life is always about the journey and not the destination.
We are still not sure whether we are moving to West Dallas or not but what Brian and I are learning in the midst of waiting has been priceless.
I am learning to take God at His Word(Psalm 119:42) and to trust in His holy name(Psalm 33:21). Who am I to think that I know what is best when all I can see is the here and now but He can see my past, my innermost thoughts, my fears, my struggles and my future?
I am learning to not only accept Brian's authority(1 Peter 3:5) in our marriage but to find peace in it. Our past has been characterized mainly by me wanting something and manipulating Brian to get what I want. But by taking God at His Word it feels like I have unlocked this magical door that, when I open it, a wave sweeps me off my feet and washes me with peace...and it makes me giddy.
Though I like John Ortberg's quote a lot, my all time favorite is by Staci Eldredge..."As a woman I don't need to strive, I don't need to arrange, I don't need to make things happen. All I need to do is respond."
That's been my journey. Embracing, even more, the God given role that He has given me and embracing the God given role He has given Brian.
We'll see what shore that wave washes us up on.......

"Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who trust in Him!" Psalm 35:8

1 comment:

The B4 said...

Thanks for sharing! That hit the spot in my own heart. God is working in similar ways with our hearts, the waiting, trusting God, letting my husband lead and because of that having peace. I am encouraged and spurred on. Thanks so much for sharing your heart.